Tuna pancakes are originally a Korean recipe called chamchijeon. Pancakes in Korea are considered a folk dish that anyone can make easily at home with any ingredients available in the kitchen. To make these pancakes spicy and exotic add some kimchi, pickled vegetables seasoned with chili pepper and spices. If you don’t have kimchi add 1 red or green chili pepper. If your kids are going to eat these pancakes omit the chili. The recipe will be delicious without it as well.
- 2 tsp all-purpose flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup (can) tuna
- 2 eggs
- 3 green onions
- 1/4 onion
- 1 tablespoon kimchi or 1 chili
- Wash the onion and green onion and cut them into small pieces. Cut the chili as well.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl.
- Pour the onions, chili and tuna into the bowl.
- Add the flour and salt into the bowl. Mix everything until well combined.
- Heat a frying pan and grease with oil.
- Place a spoonful of the tuna mix onto the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until browned.
- Turn and cook the other side for 1-2 minutes more.